Saturday 15 February 2014

Happy Together

Hi guys! I've been doing a little happy dance, my box of goodies from the new Occasions catalogue arrive yesterday!!! Well actually it was the replacement box sent on Monday after I rang the Stampin' Up! to say my order hadn't arrived. Talk about skin of my teeth, I've joined my first blog hop which happens tomorrow where a group of demos will be showcasing products from the new catalogue and the stamp I needed was in that box. So on top of doing my happy dance I've been crafting my butt off trying to come up with some cute projects to tomorrow's post. So make sure to pop back and check that out, it's all happening at 10am EST.

But back to today, I've got another 12x12 layout for you that I made using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I posted this week on my facebook page that I'm in love with this set, it's just so versatile. In my last post I used this same set on a card along with the gold sequins that also show up on this layout, but with quite different effects.





This photo is of my brother and I as kids in 1986. I drew inspiration for the colour pallet from the t-shirts we're wearing. So Safron, Smokey Slate, Basic Black and Whisper White. This little camera image is from the set Around The World. I stamped it in black then used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the HAPPY from the HAPPY FATHER'S DAY stamp from Teeny Tiny Sentiments exactly where I wanted it on the small polaroid part of the camera image. I used my Smokey Slate Stampin' Write Marker to only color the HAPPY and not the whole sentiment. Then I fussy cut around it before using a Stampin' Dimentional to attach it to the embossed Artisan Label punched piece of Smokey Slate card stock. It ended up being quite a cute little embellishment.


Over all I'm very happy with how this page turned out. Let me know what you think of it. And don't forget to comment below if you'd like me to post a catalogue out to you if you don't currently have a demonstrator. Happy crafting everyone!

Cheers
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment