Friday 21 February 2014

Congrats Soldier

Hi guys! How's everyone's week been? Thanks to all who joined in the ESAD blog hop last weekend, I had an absolute blast posting in my first one as well as drooling over all the fantastic products everyone created. I really loved the feedback too girls, thank you, it was much appreciated. If you missed it you can join in all the fun here.

This time I've got a card to share with you that I made as a custom order for a friend who's son was graduating from army training. She wanted a congratulations card to give him at his marching out parade. I didn't have anything Stampin' Up! that was army themed, so I had to think outside the box a little. I've used three stamp sets on this card that are retired, however if you want to recreate this card the main set called Daring Adventure is available as a digital download for use with MDS along with Morning Post Numbers used on the envelope front. The third set was an old Sale-A-Bration set called Sprinkled Expressions and isn't available but as I only used the saying "You did it!" this could easily by typed in MDS.




I thought this quote was quite fitting for a soldier at his marching out parade. This was a larger card, one made using a whole A4 piece of card stock so I needed to make an envelope for it as well. Cue my trusty Envelope Punch Board. These things are so handy and good for creating more than just envelopes too, but that's a whole other post.


I created the custom background on the front of the card using ink pads, large clear block and spritzer, I'll post a tutorial in the next couple of days for those who haven't seen this technique before. This was actually my second card front as on the first one I'd tried using Morning Post Alphabet Stamp Set to stamp the Congrats and I didn't like the way it fitted. But waste not want not, I used a strip from the messed up front on the inside of the card and stamped the "You did it!" and then punched it out as well.


The marching out parade was today and I received feed back that the young soldier loved his card. That totally made my day. I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator who loves all things paper craft, I admit I'm addicted to stamps and paper and embellishments, but it's the pure joy shown on peoples faces when receiving a handmade card or gift that encourages me to keep doing what I do and sharing it here with you. Thanks for stopping by,

Cheers
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment